Who We Are
This site is operated by Snafu Records (“Snafu”) AB (“We”), Svartensgatan 8B 11620 Stockholm Sweden, who is a data controller responsible for the processing of personal data under applicable data protection law. We may share your personal data with distributors, third party marketers and other partners/services for marketing purposes and insights in audience/visitors behaviour to enhance the interaction experience with Snafu.
Information We May Collect From You
When you use the Site or contact us by e-mail, social media, SMS, telephone, or other methods, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us, including:
- Forms filled out by you on the Site;
- Data, files, and other information you provide or make available to us when uploading music and other audio files (including the underlying compositions and conected meta data);
- Content of correspondence with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- Site registration;
- Subscriptions or orders placed on the Site;
- Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site;
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey;
- If applicable, resume, work history, CV, resume, or other job application information;
- Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, date of birth, payment information, personal description, photographs or images or comments.
- Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including IP address, login information, brower type and version, time zone setting, brwoser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time);
- Pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may also collect information our about your devices (including phones, computers or other devices) where you access and visit our Sites. Such information may include unique device identifiers and mobile network information (including phone number), IP address, language and time zone, operating system, hardware version, device locations (including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals).
Leads/clients personal information collected via email.
- Legal basis
- Weighing of interests
- Motivation and purpose
- The treatment is motivated by our legitimate interest to register personal information about leads and current clients in the capacity as an artist, songwriter or representative (e.g. manager) of these, and to initiate contact, with the purpose to explore a potential collaboration or maintain communication regarding the process and information about ongoing agreements between SNAFU and the client.
- Process includes
- Email-correspondence with lead/client
- Exchanging files and information related to the purpose and the information below
- Personal information
- Client and/or leads name
- Artist name (if applicable)
- E-mail address related to the leads/clients profession
- Published email address related to the leads/clients profession (e.g. artist, manager)
- Unpublished material related to the clients/leads as e.g. artists, songwriter, manager - such as photos, music demo links, video links, etc. (only if the material is provided directly from the client or the clients' representative).
- Publicly published material related to the clients/leads as e.g. artist, songwriter or manager - such as photos, music links, web profiles, album covers, video links, etc.
- Profiles on social media, streaming platforms related to the clients/leads profession (e.g. artist profiles on streaming platforms such as Spotify, YouTube, Instagram)
- Storage time period
- SNAFU Records only store personal information as long as it’s necessary to fulfil the purpose. Personal information that is no longer relevant in order to negotiate, execute or fulfil legal agreements between SNAFU and the client, is sorted and deleted on a regular basis. Personal information necessary for SNAFU to manage potential legal demands, may be stored longer. Some of the publicly published information, such as artist name, may be stored longer for company development as well as statistical purposes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We also work with third-parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat, search information providers, credit referene agencies, third parties who enable sign on functionality and social network integration) and may receive information about you from them.
If you choose to use features on this Site or other Snafu websites that conect to your online profiles, accounts or services (including social media accounts) ("Connected Accounts"), we may collect any information that you permit through your settings on these Connected Accounts. For example, if you log in to our site using your Facebook account and choose to allow Facebook to share your profile with us, we may collect that information. Information we receive from Connected Accounts include email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, posts or other social activity. Please review your Connected Account privacy settings to control what information is provided to us through this option.
If you are applying for a job at Snafu, we may use information you provide to communicate with third parties regarding your application to the extent permissible by law, including to verify your credentials, work history, references, conduct background checks, or other job application-related purposes.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To help us respond to your queries;
- To provide you with information on the relevant Snafu Records artist;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or that we feel may interest you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- To provide or permit third parties to provide targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies Policy below;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To track the progress and number of entries in competitions and promotions.
- To allow you to interact with our Site, for example by posting comments or to share information from our Site on third party social media platforms;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To manage your access to the services or notify you about changes to the services;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- If you have applied for a job at Snafu, to review, verify, and evaluate your job application information.
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you (including information in relation to your devices). We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
For clarity, if you are a Snafu artist, and the Site pertains to royalty payments and your commercial relationship with Snafu, then Snafu shall only use your information collected from such Site to facilitate royalty payments and Snafus management of its commercial relationship with you and as otherwise as agreed in your artist agreement with Snafu.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with any Snafu Company, and with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you in order to provide you with a product or service;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers;
- Relevant artists and/or their representatives;
- Advertisers, advertising networks and social networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may also use aggregate and other information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- Third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the Snafu Company that controls this Site or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To any other third party where lawful.
Storage and Transfer of Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES THAT PROVIDE CONTENT, ADVERTISING OR FUNCTIONALITY ON OUR SERVICES
Some of the content, advertising and functionality on our Site may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example, you may have the opportunity to log in to our Site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal data with us. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Some of these companies participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising. Please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance, and European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
This Site is not directed toward children (as defined by local law) nor does Snafu knowingly collect information from children (as defined by local law) without parental consent except where in compliance with applicable laws.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request the restriction of processing of your personal data, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own personal data by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information.
You may also be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. You may update your information by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us as described in the “Contact” section.
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. You may update your information by contactIf you have applied for a job at Snafu, you may have certain rights under your local laws regarding your application or our evaluation. You may submit any requests to exercise your rights as described in the “Contact” section.ing us as described in the “Contact” section.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. You may update your information by contactIf you have applied for a job at Snafu, you may have certain rights under your local laws regarding your application or our evaluation. You may submit any reCalifornia residents may opt out of having their personally identifiable information shared with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section.quests to exercise your rights as described in the “Contact” section.ing us as described in the “Contact” section.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS AND YOUR CALIFORNIA AND DELAWARE PRIVACY RIGHTS
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. Snafu currently does not take action in response to these signals.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site, our newsletters and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
USERS OF SITES IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
We may use automated decision-making technologies, including profiling, to support our data processing activities. Our automated decision-making capabilities include logic that attempts to identify artists, music, communications, products, or offers that we believe may interest you. By using this logic, it helps us personalize your interactions with Snafu and Snafu artists. For you, this means that you may see online advertisements, direct marketing communications (if you have subscribed), or other advertising or marketing messages or special offers based on your activity on our Sites or interactions with Snafu Companies or our third party partners.
In some instances, you may be required to provide us with personal data for processing as described above, in order for us to be able to provide you to use all the features of the Site.
- transferring personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- transferring personal data to the United States to an entity if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to request a copy of relevant safeguards by contacting Snafu as described in the “Contact” section.
- to collect anonymised data on users behaviour on the site. We may also capture what site a user has come from and what site they go to and also some demographic data (e.g. the user’s location) and we may use that data to analyse user behaviour across multiple sites;
- to categorise pools of users (on an anonymised basis) based on demographic and/or behavioural data and use this to, (1) target our advertising to cookie-ed users on third party websites and Snafu websites, and (2) use that data to allow targeted third party advertising to categorised cookie-ed users either in respect of advertising placement Snafu has bought/placed and targeted to users on behalf of third parties or in respect of advertising bought/placed by third parties and targeted to cookie pools Snafu has "sold" to these third parties.
Some of our Sites may use Google AdSense to publish advertisements, including information about your demographics and interests. When you view or click on an advertisement a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other websites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, if you want to refuse or delete any cookies (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Please note you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our Site, including certain personalised features, if you delete or disable cookies.
We, or our third party partners, may employ a software technology called web beacons (also known as web bugs, clear gifs or pixels) which helps us understand what content is effective, for example by counting the number of users who have visited these pages, and to understand usage patterns. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to let us know when content is viewed. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded on web pages, ads, and e-mail. We, or our third party partners, may tie the information gathered by web beacons to the other information we collect about you.
In addition to disabling cookies and other tracking technologies as described above, you may opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from participating ad networks, audience segment providers, ad serving vendors, and other service providers by visiting websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance, or European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.